channel PEAR - Plex plugin
A plugin that syncs your channel PEAR library to Plex
Project maintained by Jidly
Plex Media Server plugin for channel PEAR
- Change Settings
- Link your Library
- Compatible devices
This plugin provides access to your channel PEAR library via Plex.
- Must have Plex Media Server installed
- Must have a channel PEAR account with sources in your library
- Download the zip archive and extract it to Plex plugin folder, for more details read the official channel installation guide:
- on Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins
- on Mac: ~Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
- on Linux: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins or /var/lib/plex/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
- on FreeBSD usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/
- Rename folder from channelpear.bundle-master to channelpear.bundle
- Restart Plex Media Server
You must disable "Direct Play" and "Direct Stream" in your Plex Web settings under the "Player" category. (click "show advanced" if you can't see the options)
Doing this will allow you to stream from sources in a web browser that would otherwise fail due to crossdomain restrictions.
Link your Library
Once you've installed the plugin successfully, you'll need to link it to your channel PEAR library. Click the settings icon from the main channels page in your Plex app.
Then, enter your custom Plex URL in the input box that pops up. You can get your custom Plex URL from your library at https://channelpear.com/library/ (must be logged in - click "pair device" in the top menu and select "Plex")
Streams will play only on clients that are able to handle the stream natively. Below is a list of devices that support playback to some extent:
Plex Web App - make sure Direct Play and Direct Stream are disabled and it should play most streams without problems when run locally
Plex for Android - not tested, however devices with Android 4.1+ support m3u8 playback which means you can access your library directly from the channelpear.com website and play streams via Chrome
Plex for iOS - not tested, however iOS supports m3u8 playback matively which means you can access your library directly from the channelpear.com website and play streams
- Developer: channel PEAR
- built off of the original IPTV.bundle plugin by Cigaras
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.